Before creating your own collaborative project,
join at least two or three on-going collaborative projects. You
can learn how information is exchanged and gain insight as to what
you like or dislike about these projects. Here are some tips for
selecting a project.
Tips for Selecting a Project
- Select a project that matches the curriculum goals of
- Look to see who is moderating or sponsoring this project.
If you join a project that is moderated by a teacher, there
is a chance that unforseen issues may occur that will prevent
that teacher from following through with their expectations.
- See if the following elements are clearly stated:
- goals and objectives
- beginning and ending date of the project
- appropriate age level for your students
- how information will be exchanged
- expectations for participants
Finding Collaborative Projects to Join
There are two ways to find an on-going project: