that your school webteam has identified your targeted audiences
and the content you are creating for them, the next step is to organize
your information. This should be done using something that will allow
you to move your information easily as you create a storyboard. You
can use either concept mapping software that was suggested on the previous
page in this tutorial or with post-it© notes.
Use these tips as you begin storyboarding your site:
1. Organize the content of your site so that
similar content pages are found in the same section of your site.
Follow these suggested steps:
- Have the school or classroom web team discuss and group information
into similar categories.
- As a group, create a label for each category with a word or
2. Next, look at your storyboard and
re-evaluate your categories.
- Discuss whether or not the grouped categories are too broad
and should be divided into sub-categories.
- Discuss which of the categories may have information added
in the future.