you satisfied that your web page is as good as you want to make it? The
next step is announcing your web page. "If you build it, they will
come..." Well, with the Internet, you need to send out invitations
to let the world know that you have this resource available. So, how
in the World-Wide web of millions of web pages, can your webpage be
found? There are 4 suggested ways that you can invite people to come
and view your resources:
1. Invite the websites that you added links
to on your site, to come and view your resources.
Remember the resource links that you included in your web activity?
E-mail the sites that you pointed to in your activity and give them
the web address of your activity and tell them how you are using a
link to their website as part of your project. Invite them to come
and see how you are using their resource. Without even mentioning that
you'd appreciate a link on their website to your activity, many of
them will voluntarily include a link back to you.
2. Submit your site to be indexed
by search engines.
You can use free services that will submit your site to
several search engines. Some suggested resource sites include:
3. Invite educational websites to review your
You can announce your webpage or activity on an educational website. Some
of these websites will create a link only to the homepage of a school
or a classroom while others will create links to a lesson or activity.
Look at the kinds of webpages they are pointing to, to see if your
webpage or activity is appropriate for that educational website.
- Blue Web'n
- Register your lesson at this website.
- Add your school to this ever growing database.
- Global SchoolNet Projects Registry
- Select the link to "Collaborative Projects" then
follow the link to "Projects Registry."
4. Use an educational mailing list to invite
people to come and view your resources.
One of the richest communication sources to find and announce
projects is through an educational mailing list. Follow these two links
to learn more about what is a mailing list, how to join a mailing list,
and some etiquette manners you should observe.
- Educational Mailing Lists
- Follow this link to learn how to sign-up with a mailing list, how
to respond to in a mailing list, and what are some etiquette guidelines
- Join an Educational Mailing List
- Here is a partial list of educational mailing lists that you can join.
Many more are available which can be found by entering educational
listserv© into a search engine.