Meet Tammy Payton
Tammy Payton is an educational consultant with over twenty-five
years experience as an educator. Recipient
of the National Milken
Educator award in 1998 and recognized as an exemplary educator
by the Indiana General Assembly, Tammy has received other awards
for her work with technology integration. She has worked with educators
on the local, regional, state, and national levels on how to effectively
implement technology with their curriculum. With practical experience
in technology integration, Tammy's work has been extensively published
both online and offline. Microsoft's Encarta, Franklin Science Museum
and Blue Web'n are just a few websites where her work appears. Her
online tutorials for technology integration are used extensively
at the K-12 and college level.
For the last six years, one of Tammy's projects has been to design
the web site for a technology program in Indiana called the Buddy2
Project. Active since 1988, this project's goal is
to extend the learning of students beyond the school day. Under
her direction, this website has become a popular website for
educators and parents to find help for integrating technology
with classroom curriculum and how to strengthen ties between
home and school. Educational websites that she has designed and
is maintaining are:
- Awards and Achievements
Institute Online Museum Educator 1998-2001
Educator Award 1998
Recognized by Indiana General Assembly as exemplary educator March 1999
Grand Prize winner in MS
Encarta Lesson Collection, Abraham Lincoln, fall 1997
Loogootee West website downloaded by Classroom
Connect for marketable CD-ROM
Web'n Education Awards for: Rock Hounds, Something Fishy,
& Abraham Lincoln
- Created Loogootee
Elementary West school website in 1996
- Created project
based lessons for Loogootee West elementary students
- Facilitated Loogootee West teachers and students to create
project based lessons
- Classroom Connect Magazine, Dec. 1998-Jan. 1999, "Traveling
Buddies," p. 18-20.
- TechLEARNING.com, "Empower
Student Learning with Web Publishing," Jun. 1999
- TechLEARNING.com, "Traveling
Buddies," Sept. 1998
- TechLEARNING.com, "More
Than Just Pen Pals," Nov. 1997
- TechLEARNING.com, "Choosing
Software for Your School," July 1997
- TechLEARNING.com, "Integrate
Technology in Classroom Curriculum," Apr. 1997
- Library Talk, Linworth Publishing, "More
Than Just Key Pals," Jan/Feb 1999, p. 25-27.
- Designed and maintains Buddy
System Project website 1999-present
- Designed and maintains The Writing Site website 2005-present
- Designing a School Website online tutorial
- on this site
- Joining & Designing Collaborative Projects
online tutorial - on this site
- Integrating the Internet online tutorial
- on this site
Strategies online tutorial
- LTTS, Indiana University, Integrate
the Internet with K-2 Language Arts, 2001
- Reading Online, A
Professional Journey Through Multiple Literacies, Sept.
- Created a CD for all legislators in Indiana showcasing how
technology projects are facilitating student learning in Indiana,
- Published Resources Referenced by:
- Web Publishing for Teachers, IDG books, "Top Ten Cool Schools,"
- Technology and Learning Magazine, Feb. 1998, "Design School
Web Site," p. 28
- Busy Educator's Guide to the World Wide Web, by Marjan Glavac,
- Teaching K-8 Magazine, Jan. 1998, "How to Use Email for
Global Communication," p. 27
- NEA Teaching: Learning & Technology Bits & Bytes, Dec.
1998, "Design School Website"
- Classroom Connect Magazine, November 1997, "Something Fishy,"
- Classroom Connect Magazine, October 1997, "More Than Just
Penpals," p. 8
- Classroom Connect Magazine, November 1998, "Email Around
the World," p. 19
- North Central Association, "Student Generated Web Sites"
- Middle School Teachers 6 day workshop on creating web based
- International Reading Assoc, Symposium on Reading and Technology
- Indiana Computer Educators Conferences
- "Integrate Technology with Classroom Curriculum"
- Indiana Computer Educators Conferences "What in the
WWW Do You Do with the Internet"
- Indiana Computer Educators Conferences "Designing School
Web Sites" and "Teaching with the Internet"
- Indiana Computer Educators Conferences "Empower Student
Learning with Web Publishing" and "Joining Collaborative
- National Educator Computing Conference "Integrate the
Internet" and "Designing Web Based Curriculum"
- NYSCATE, New York, "Advanced Web Page Design"
- School Tech Expo, New York, "Designing and Joining
Collaborative Projects" and "Integrating the Internet
with Classroom Curriculum"
- School Tech Expo, Chicago, "Designing and Joining Collaborative
Projects" and "Integrating the Internet with Classroom
- HECC, Indianapolis, Indiana, "Integrating Technology
with the NETS"
- Indiana Summer Institute Training, Plainfield, IN
- Professional Activities
- Research on Exemplary Internet Educators, Syracuse University,
Dr. Don Leu, 1998-2000
Online Chat with Tickit Program Students, Indiana University
Advisory Board for "Case Technologies to Enhance Literacy
Editorial Review Board for Reading Online, 2000-2004
- International Reading Association
- International Society for Technology in Education
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology